Here at Autopia Cars we value your privacy and your desire to know how your information will be handled and used.
Type of Data being collected
The types of information that Autopia Cars collects about you include:
• Contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, email).
• Vehicle information (such as VIN, make, model, year, retailer, date of purchase or lease, purchase/lease price, equipment, and service history).
• Data gathered by technology when you visit our website.
• Location information. When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual location.
• Technical information. This includes the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
• Information about your visit. This includes the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, form fills and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may use the personal data we hold about you, combined with publicly available data about your opinions/sentiment on particular topics and your demographic data to better understand our customers and to improve the products and services we deliver. Your personal data will be grouped together with others to provide statistical information only and would not be used to send you information on an individual basis. No automated decision making using your personal data takes place.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you, we are also working closely with third parties including, for example, business partners, suppliers, finance houses and may receive information about you from them.
Usage of information
Sometimes we process the information on the basis that we have a legitimate interest or in administering a contract between you and us.
We may use the information that we collect in a number of ways to provide the products and services you have purchased or requested;
• to support your vehicle, products and services;
• to communicate with you about your vehicle, products or services;
• to install and configure changes and updates to your services;
• to improve the quality of our products and services;
• to operate our website and digital properties and customise the content;
• to verify your eligibility for certain promotions or benefits;
• to comply with legal requirements;
• to maintain internal records;
• for marketing purposes to inform you about relevant products and services;
• in order to discover trends and segments within our audience and strategically assess their preferences, in order to innovate new products and services;
• to learn about public and customer perception of our brand, products and services, in order to optimise them for specific audience segments.
How to Opt Out of Marketing
You have a choice as to whether to agree to receive marketing information and services and you will have be notified previously.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing information or you wish to update your preferences then please contact us here or by using the details below.
Where we store your personal data
We will securely store your data until you instruct us otherwise or in accordance with current UK Data Protection Law unless otherwise stated.
We use a range of appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard access to and use of, your personal information and to ensure it retains its integrity and availability. These include structured access controls to systems, network protection, physical access controls and staff training.
Data Protection Legislation
Third Party Links
You may wish to contact other websites or links to download software from other websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of, privacy policies or security of such sites.
We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies of each website or social media service that you visit and/or sign up to.
Access to personal data and your rights
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within 30 days at the latest.
For any of the following requests you can contact us by email or post, at:
Suite D, Hollies House, 230 High Street, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 5BL
Access to your personal data
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This is formally known as a “Subject Access request”. We will not charge you for handling this request, but we reserve the right to refuse clearly unfounded or repetitive requests. Where we refuse your request we will confirm your right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), and to a judicial remedy, as quickly as we can - but at the latest within one month.
When submitting your request, it would assist us if you could specify the information or processing activities, which you’d specifically like to see. You will also need to provide proof of your identity. We will respond to your request as quickly as we can, but at the latest within one month of receipt, unless the request is complex.
Complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) regulates the processing of personal data.
Please direct any queries or complaints directly to us in the first instance (contact details provided above).
How to contact us
If you require further information or have any comments or questions about our website or any aspect of our services please contact as detailed previously
Disclaimer: this document expresses our understanding and opinions and does not constitute legal advice